Maui Whale Watching Tours Directory
Best Whale Watch Tours
Choose from the following whale watching tours. (Dec. 15th – May.15)
Enjoy the room and elevation afforded by a double decker catamaran, given unprecedented views. Expert marine naturalists will guide you through your whale watch and answer all your humpback questions.
Enjoy a vessel specifically designed for Maui waters. Not only will their experienced crew & captain find you whales from the deck, but if you're lucky enough to have them swim to you, there's glass-bottom viewing!
Maui Whale Watching Tips
• If you have small children, choose a larger boat with railings.
• Bring a jacket. Winds over the water can sometimes be chilly, especially if ocean spray is coming up.
• Bring a camera with a long lens and fast shutter speed. See Whale Photography Tips.
• Arrive early to make sure the boat leaves on time in order to get the most time on the water.
• Keep your eye out for other marine life, such as dolphins and manta ray.
• Choose the best Maui Whale Watch Tour for you and your friends and family. It’s important to take a boat that meets all of your needs. Review the tours above to get an idea.
• Listen to where your captain or naturalist points out whales by observing the navigation in the image below. (Direction is directed like the numbers of a clock. 12 o’clock is straight in front of the boat.)