Maui Whale Watching Tours Directory
Best Whale Watch Tours
Choose from the following whale watching tours. (Dec. 15th – May.15)
Keep crowds down and enjoy an intimate whale watch on the Kai Kanani out of South Maui. Departing from Maluaka Beach in Makena, your also at the closest departure point for Molokini Crater.
Enjoy the room and elevation afforded by a double decker catamaran, given unprecedented views. Expert marine naturalists will guide you through your whale watch and answer all your humpback questions.
Enjoy whale watching with Redline Rafting, which provides an exciting, up close and personal experience on a one-of-a-kind boat that will get you close to the water and whales!
Four Winds II
Enjoy a vessel specifically designed for Maui waters. Not only will their experienced crew & captain find you whales from the deck, but if you're lucky enough to have them swim to you, there's glass-bottom viewing!
Maui Magic will take you to the whales, but why stop there? Why not enjoy a fantastic trip to snorkel at Molokini Crater or Coral Gardens.
Trilogy has been hosting Maui visitors for over 40 years, and the knowledgeable crew and spacious catamarans make for an informative and comfortable day on the water.
While rafting might not be for everyone, they do offer daily tour in whale season that guarantees you whale sightings (in season_, and likely a chance to hear their underwater symphonies while you snorkel. Seeing our whales from close to the surface is a game changer!
Quicksilver offers excellent budget whale watching from Lahaina Harbor. Hop aboard this double-decker catamaran and see Maui's humpback whales up close!
Hawaii Ocean Project
With three large boats, you can go either snorkeling, dinner cruising or visiting Lanai while whale watching off the west coast of Maui.
Enjoy a private yacht with your closest friends and family for a private whale watch adventure aboard Nova from Maalaea Harbor.
Island Star Excursions
When whales are abundant in Maui’s waters, so are the crowds. Commercial whale watches are packed from December to April, but the Island Star offers the delightful alternative of private charters. Sail around Ma’alaea Bay with up to 18 people aboard this 57′ yacht for a luxurious whale watching experience.
Maui Adventure Cruises
Maui Adventure Cruises hosts multiple whale-watching excursions daily out of the picturesque Lahaina Harbor. What sets Maui Adventure Cruises apart from other companies is their unique 50-foot rafts – perfect for up-close encounters with whales. Plus, the rafts are much more maneuverable than a large boat, which makes it easier to capture that special moment with these majestic creatures.
Maui Whale Watching Tips
• If you have small children, choose a larger boat with railings.
• Bring a jacket. Winds over the water can sometimes be chilly, especially if ocean spray is coming up.
• Bring a camera with a long lens and fast shutter speed. See Whale Photography Tips.
• Arrive early to make sure the boat leaves on time in order to get the most time on the water.
• Keep your eye out for other marine life, such as dolphins and manta ray.
• Choose the best Maui Whale Watch Tour for you and your friends and family. It’s important to take a boat that meets all of your needs. Review the tours above to get an idea.
• Listen to where your captain or naturalist points out whales by observing the navigation in the image below. (Direction is directed like the numbers of a clock. 12 o’clock is straight in front of the boat.)