Maui Whale Watching Tours Directory
Best Whale Watch Tours
Choose from the following whale watching tours. (Dec. 15th – May.15)
Enjoy the room and elevation afforded by a double decker catamaran, given unprecedented views. Expert marine naturalists will guide you through your whale watch and answer all your humpback questions.
Enjoy a vessel specifically designed for Maui waters. Not only will their experienced crew & captain find you whales from the deck, but if you're lucky enough to have them swim to you, there's glass-bottom viewing!
While rafting might not be for everyone, they do offer daily tour in whale season that guarantees you whale sightings (in season_, and likely a chance to hear their underwater symphonies while you snorkel. Seeing our whales from close to the surface is a game changer!
When whales are abundant in Maui’s waters, so are the crowds. Commercial whale watches are packed from December to April, but the Island Star offers the delightful alternative of private charters. Sail around Ma’alaea Bay with up to 18 people aboard this 57′ yacht for a luxurious whale watching experience.
Maui Whale Watching Tips
• If you have small children, choose a larger boat with railings.
• Bring a jacket. Winds over the water can sometimes be chilly, especially if ocean spray is coming up.
• Bring a camera with a long lens and fast shutter speed. See Whale Photography Tips.
• Arrive early to make sure the boat leaves on time in order to get the most time on the water.
• Keep your eye out for other marine life, such as dolphins and manta ray.
• Choose the best Maui Whale Watch Tour for you and your friends and family. It’s important to take a boat that meets all of your needs. Review the tours above to get an idea.
• Listen to where your captain or naturalist points out whales by observing the navigation in the image below. (Direction is directed like the numbers of a clock. 12 o’clock is straight in front of the boat.)